730 Lincoln Avenue, Steamboat Springs, Colorado
This landmark Steamboat Springs store first opened in 1939. By 1978, the business had started to outgrow its space, and the storefront was beginning to look outdated and run down. The owners asked us to renovate the storefront, and to create more space to accommodate their growing needs. To accomplish this, we designed a two-story addition that nearly doubled the available retail space. We worked with the owners to design a classic masonry storefront that updated the look of the store, while complimenting the style of the surrounding buildings on historic Lincoln Avenue.
In 1999, the owners asked us to add storefront windows for displays and more visibility into the addition, which had been rented to tenants, and a new entry to provide an accessible entrance to all levels of the building.